Reflection #2

 Reflection #2

As the end of my second week of my Senior Project, “Senior Snickerdoodle” has come to an end I am going to reflect on this past week. I feel as though Lexie and I both have learned so much throughout this short time period. Compared to the first day, never having spent more than an hour in the kitchen, only to do dish duty with our advisory, we are pretty much clueless as to how things worked back there. Although, with the help of Barb, Hannah, Angela, Dara, and many more, we have been able to become more and more comfortable working our way in the space that has been left for us to work in for senior project. 

As I have mentioned before, I have really enjoyed baking thus far. I think my favorite part about baking for dorms is that you oftentimes get positive comments about what you have prepared for them. It makes me feel good that we are actually making a small difference and the Proctor students day to day experience. They express gratitude for our little treats that we deliver and it makes the senior project feel accomplished. 

I also have enjoyed getting to know Barb in the Wise. Barb is a funny and sweet lady who really cares about the students at Proctor. We ended up baking with her multiple times this past week and each time she always makes a fun time out of it. I Barbs approach to baking as she is okay if we make some mistakes. For example, when Lexie and I made Cinnamon buns one day we accidentally forgot to add sugar to the dough. This doesn’t seem like a big deal but as the dough came together it looked like a crumbled mess. Barb laughed at us and told us it was no big deal as she could use this for something else later in the future. 

I’m really satisfied with how my senior project has turned out and I feel that this week went by very fast. We ended up meeting our initial goal we had set in place... to serve to all the dorms. It was super rewarding to do this. I am excited for Express Fest where we will be able to share what we have done so far with the community. We are also planning on serving brownies at our table so stop by!! 

Thanks so much for reading my reflection for Week 2 of my senior project, “Senior Snickerdoodle”

-Jaimes 

Comments