Week #1 Reflection

 Week #1 Reflection

I had a great first week of my senior project. I have been so fortunate to have a project that is enjoyable but also very productive. I have made over ten types of baked goods, accompanied by lexie and the dining hall staff, of course, and as I reflect on these past 6 days, I am overall thrilled. I want to thank Barb from the dining hall, Hannah, and Barb in the wise for teaching me so much and leaving me feeling supported in all of my baking endeavors.

As a part of this week's reflection, I want to share some of my favorite memories/highlights from my senior project thus far. I really enjoyed making the red velvet cupcakes. I have never made them before, and I was really excited to use the frosting piping bag to do little "roses" on top of the cupcakes. Another highlight has been serving lunch to students. Specifically, Lex and I made our homemade rolls and offered them to students and faculty during lunch. It was gratifying to receive positive feedback from our own food. Overall, I think one of my favorite parts of this project is having a product come out of your hard work and, furthermore, get compliments on your food.

I feel as though, so far, I have reached the goals that I originally set for this senior project. One goal was to offer baked goods for all dorms, and so far, we are well past this goal, serving half of the dorms. Another goal was to feel more comfortable with my baking and develop skills in the kitchen. I feel very prepared and know pretty much how things work in the kitchen. I have developed many tricks and have learned, with the help of many, how to make my baking process more smooth and efficient. 


I am very excited to continue my senior project this next week. I am grateful that this is my senior project and feel like I got pretty lucky! Thanks so much for reading another one of my blog posts! Stay tuned for the next one to come;)


-Jaimes 

Comments

Post a Comment