Blog #3

 Day #3

Wednesday, May 12th

Today was another great day in the kitchen! Today we were focused on making our brownies for Burbank East and Burbank West. Lexie and I are getting more comfortable in the kitchen and being able to use the equipment safely and effectively. We made a very large batch of brownie mix and even had to get our hands a little dirty by scooping the brownie mix from the bottom of the bowl, (with gloves of course). When the brownie mix was in the trays we got a little bit creative and decided to add toppings to the brownies. We ended up adding Chex Cereal to one brownie mix, sprinkles, pretzels, and marshmallows. I think that the boys in Burbank will be very excited about their treats! We then took a lunch break while the brownies were baking and then headed back to make lemon poppyseed muffins for tomorrow's breakfast. We finished off the day cutting the brownie into squares and labeling them with the dorm's name with a little note. I am really loving our senior project as I feel I am learning all while having fun. I feel productive during the day and it is rewarding to see the finished product of all of our baked goods. Thanks again for taking the time to read my blog for today! See ya later!! :)




-Jaimes 

Comments